To support the medical students in their clinical placements, University Hospitals Birmingham (UHB) employs clinical teaching fellows (CTFs) across its hospital sites.
CTFs are qualified doctors, and 80% of the post consists of teaching, with the other 20% being clinical practice to maintain their registration. By being a CTF, doctors can enhance their teaching skills and have the opportunity to undertake a Certificate in Medical Education, funded by UHB.
The CTF role typically lasts for one year.
Last reviewed: 30 June 2021