Core devices and infusion devices workshops
Are you a registered nurse or nursing associate who is:
- returning to work having been off for a while (maternity leave or sickness), or have you not used medical devices for more than six months?
- new to the Trust or newly qualified?
- looking for refresher training?
- not confident and competent in using medical devices?
If so, we have core devices and infusion devices workshops running throughout the year.
Please note course attendance is a requirement for new starters.
You can book your place using Easylearning:
Staff based at QEHB
Staff based at Heartlands, Good Hope or Solihull (HGS)
What's included in the core devices workshop?
The core devices workshop for registered nurses and nursing associates covers the following devices and skills:
- Tympanic thermometer (one-off training)
- Bladder scanner
- Feeding pump
- Oxygen safety awareness
- Wall suction and portable suction unit
- ECG machine
- Vital signs monitor
- Bair hugger and ranger (if applicable to clinical requirements)
For all devices except the tympanic thermometer, once trained, you will complete self-verification every three years.
What's included in the infusion devices workshop?
The infusion devices workshop for registered nurses and nursing associates covers the following devices and skills:
- BBraun infusomat space (volumetric pump)
- BBraun perfusor space (syringe pump)
For these devices, you will require a competency assessment every three years.
Bespoke training sessions can be arranged to suit your team/departmental requirements.
Training on the following specialist devices (those listed below and more) can be arranged upon request:
- McKinley T34/BD Bodyguard T
- Flowtron pump
- CADD Solis Epidural/PCA pump
- Airvo 2 High flow
- And others
Get in touch
For more information, please contact the Medical Devices Training Team.
Last reviewed: 23 September 2022