The Integrated Clinical Academic Office (ICAO) at UHB provides a signposting and advice service for clinical staff (and University of Birmingham honorary contracts) interested in undertaking their own research and pursuing a clinical academic career.
The ICAO can provide support to help you:
- decide what you want to do
- identify the skills you already have and those you need to acquire
- identify tasks that will help you to get where you want to be (e.g. publishing)
- identify the right training sessions and programmes
- identify funding sources
- develop a good application for formal clinical academic training pathways
- develop your research project in preparation for approval or funding application
- prepare for interviews
- connect with the most appropriate supervisors and mentors
- develop your skills as an educator and leader
- signpost you to other opportunities that better fit your career aspirations
The ICAO is part of Birmingham Health Partners (BHP), which consists of University Hospitals Birmingham and Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS foundation trusts, and University of Birmingham.
We have published some or all of the documents on this page in PDF format to allow us to display the information in a certain way. If you would prefer the information in a more accessible format, or would like any more information on website accessibility for this site, please see our accessibility statement.
Last reviewed: 19 June 2023