Mentoring is like any other new relationship. It may take time to build trust, so don't think initial resistance is a sign of rejection. If, for some reason, a specific mentoring relationship does not work out, don't give up. Try again with a different individual and eventually you will find a good fit.
To get started on the mentoring programme, you will need to create a profile. It's recommended that you prepare sections 8 and 13 of your profile in in advance, as you will need to decide how best to complete these sections, within the maximum word count. A proforma is provided for you to download to help with this.
How to set up a mentee profile
In order to set up your profile as a mentee on the mentoring programme platform, follow these simple steps:
- Log into the mentoring programme platform
- Click Get Started
- Select I want to be a Mentee
- Enter your name, work email address and chosen password
- Click Create Account
- We recommend that you watch the video titled Getting the most from mentoring before you complete your profile
- Click Create Profile
- Enter your profile details (we recommend that you prepare these in advance, using the mentee profile proforma Word document, available to download from this page)
- Click Your profile picture to upload a profile picture
- When you have entered all the required information, click Save Profile & Find Mentor
If you require any support using the mentoring programme platform, you can use the help option within the platform.
Last reviewed: 17 June 2021